[Edge-computing] [edge][glance][mixmatch]: Wiki of the possible architectures for image synchronisation
Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
gergely.csatari at nokia.com
Thu Jun 7 10:49:31 UTC 2018
I did some work ont he figures and realised, that I have some questions related to the alternative options:
Multiple backends option:
* What is the API between Glance and the Glance backends?
* How is it possible to implement location aware synchronisation (synchronise images only to those cloud instances where they are needed)?
* Is it possible to have different OpenStack versions in the different cloud instances?
* Can a cloud instance use the locally synchronised images in case of a network connection break?
* Is it possible to implement this without storing database credentials ont he edge cloud instances?
Independent synchronisation service:
* If I understood [1<https://mixmatch.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>] correctly mixmatch can help Nova to attach a remote volume, but it will not help in synchronizing the images. is this true?
As I promised in the Edge Compute Group call I plan to organize an IRC review meeting to check the wiki. Please indicate your availability in [2<https://doodle.com/poll/bddg65vyh4qwxpk5>].
From: Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:59 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>; edge-computing at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [edge][glance]: Wiki of the possible architectures for image synchronisation
Here I send the wiki page [1<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Image_handling_in_edge_environment>] where I summarize what I understood from the Forum session about image synchronisation in edge environment , .
Please check and correct/comment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Edge-computing