[Edge-computing] Exploring hardware for the edge

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Thu Sep 23 03:07:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

Following up the presentation from the Chameleon project last Monday[1] we will deep dive into the topic of hardware at the edge.

While hardware design is not in the scope of this working group we still keep track of needs and options to make sure that the integration between the hardware and software layer is smooth in order to leverage the best of both layers.

We will be discussing hardware needs for the edge to fulfill the requirements of new and demanding use cases. We will also be discussing the challenges of testing and evaluating specialized hardware as well, since that task is not as straight forward as it might seem.

Join us on Mondays at 6am Pacific / 9am Central / 1300 UTC to discuss this topic and more! For further details and dial-in information please see our wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Meetings

If you would like to add topics to the meeting agenda, please add them on the wiki or reply with your thoughts and suggestions to this mail.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#CHI.40Edge_-_recording_of_the_session_with_the_Chameleon_project.2C_September_13.2C_2021

———