[Rust-VMM] [RFC] rust-vmm/common crate

Iorga, Serban seriorga at amazon.com
Tue Apr 23 06:22:58 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I was working on implementing a generic solution for dealing with kvm structures that contain zero-sized arrays as part of the kvm-ioctls crate. This is the PR:  https://github.com/rust-vmm/kvm-ioctls/pull/6 and there has been a suggestion there to have this code in a base rust-vmm crate since the issue is quite common.

I wanted to get your input on creating a rust-vmm/common crate for this. Would anyone have any concerns about this approach ?

Thanks,

Serban

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.