[Rust-VMM] RFC:

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 11:15:08 UTC 2019

On 08/02/19 20:27, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:
> I agree Andreea, and I would also suggest that once we agreed on the
> creation of a crate, and once we agreed on the global code coming from
> the private repo, we still need to create a clean repo under rust-vmm
> and start from scratch with proper PRs that can be reviewed.
>
> Starting with already something in the repo sounds wrong to me. The most
> intensive code reviews should really happen on the rust-vmm repos.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes, however there is a chicken-and-egg problem for the very first
commit, where you would have a review for a repository that doesn't
exist yet.  I don't really have a solution for that (I'm an
old-fashioned fan of email-based workflows :)), but using an issue on
rust-vmm/community is at least a workaround; reviews can still be
performed on the commits in the personal repository.

In the meanwhile, should rust-vmm/memory-model be deleted?

Paolo