[Rust-VMM] Summer of Code / Outreachy projects

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 18:07:00 UTC 2019

QEMU would be glad to host projects related to VMMs in Rust as part of
Google summer of Code and Outreachy.  This includes all of Firecracker,
CrosVM and common infrastructure that could be reused by multiple
virtual machine monitors; with my QEMU hat, I would obviously favor the
latter :)).

An idea could be to migrate Firecracker and CrosVM to the Fuchsia crates
that were mentioned early here on the mailing list, and/or implement a
sample vhost-user client using whatever standard set of crates are
established.  Another possibility is PCI and virtio-pci in Firecracker.

Thanks,

Paolo