[Rust-VMM] Summer of Code / Outreachy projects

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 21:09:16 UTC 2019

On 09/01/19 19:20, Liguori, Anthony wrote:
> Thanks an amazing idea!
>
> We can try to come up with some ideas too.

https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019#Project_Ideas is the
place then. :)  Also if you want to flesh out mine please place them
there because...

> Do you need more mentors?

... at least I am not experienced enough to be anything more than a
co-mentor, and even though some members of the QEMU community are
already using (or learning) Rust, most of use probably don't know much
about Firecracker and CrosVM.

The idea is just to use QEMU as the umbrella organization and share the
effort of submitting the proposals, herding students and mentors around
evaluation times, etc.  This is not a new thing; libvirt, KVM and
Jailhouse have already enjoyed the opportunity in the past (libvirt has
since graduated to a separate organization), and in general the
organization should have no problem mentoring students working not just
on QEMU, but also in general on KVM.

Paolo