[Rust-VMM] Rust-VMM Logo Concepts

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Wed Mar 20 12:57:23 UTC 2019

On 3/20/19 12:17 AM, Matt Wilson wrote:

> Maybe this community wants to establish its identity by eschewing
> logos at this time? I am an outsider, and haven't participated in any
> discussions about this, other than posting on the mailing list.
>
> What do you all think?

Hi Matt,

You are right that logos are sometimes used in that highly formalized
way, but they don't have to be. For example, the OpenStack foundation
logo does have a trademark program associated with it, similar to the
Rust logo. But most of the project logos within OpenStack are just a fun
way for people who participate to show their involvement with a laptop
sticker or t-shirt.

The Rust-VMM community is just forming, so I wouldn't expect they will
want or need anything more than a fun logo for laptop stickers at the
moment. They certainly have the option of doing more formal things with
the logo later, but they don't have to decide all that now.

Allison