[Rust-VMM] Rust-VMM Logo Concepts

Matt Wilson msw at linux.com
Thu Mar 21 03:17:55 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 1:10 PM Matt Wilson <msw at linux.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM Allison Randal <allison at lohutok.net> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/20/19 5:41 PM, Matt Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > It might be helpful to have examples of other fun logos.
> >
> > The rustacean is a great example:
> >
> > http://rustacean.net/

[...]
> > Agreed on clear licensing. My personal preference is for Creative
> > Commons licensing, picking the most open license that makes sense.
>
> Awesome. All of these have clear licenses (or a public domain dedication,
> in the case of Ferris the Rustacean) from their creators. :-)
>
> Thanks!

After I learned about Ferris for the first time today (sorry, I'm not
a Rust programmer... yet), the answer became clear in my mind.

It's crustaceans all the way down.

I have attached a .svg file with a quick mockup. I am using the CC0
dedication to place this modified Ferris the Rustacean in the public
domain. The .svg file metadata includes a link to the CC0 dedication.

--msw