[Rust-VMM] Rust-VMM Logo Concepts

James Cole james at openstack.org
Mon Mar 25 20:58:46 UTC 2019

Hey Paolo, thanks for the thoughts! My replies are below:

> I liked the epicyclic gear idea.  One note is that often I've seen
> epicyclic gears represented without the carrier on top.  In fact it adds
> a bit of clutter to your concepts, at the same time three circles
> without the carrier are not very representative of an epicyclic gear

I like the idea of simplifying the gear concept, maybe only using two gears? Definitely something worth trying.

> I assume you used circles inside, rather than gears, to avoid losing
> detail at lower resolutions?  Would it make sense to vary the number of
> teeth as the resolution decreases?

Yes exactly, the teeth become difficult to resolve at smaller sizes. I would hesitate recommending changing the design at different sizes—its usually more efficient and less confusing to have one thing that scales well.

-James