[Rust-VMM] Your Virtual PTG Checklist

Kendall Waters kendall at openstack.org
Fri Oct 16 19:58:17 UTC 2020

REGISTRATION
If you haven't done so, please register for the PTG! This is how we will be able to provide you with the tooling information and passwords. Register here: https://october2020ptg.eventbrite.com <https://october2020ptg.eventbrite.com/>

FINAL SCHEDULE
The final schedule [1] for the event is set here and in the PTGBot [2].

IRC
The main form of synchronous communication between attendees during the PTG is on IRC. If you are not on IRC, learn how to get started here [3]. The main PTG IRC channel is #openstack-ptg on Freenode. It's used to interact with the PTGbot, and Foundation staff will be present to help answer questions.

PTGBOT
The PTGbot [3] is an open source tool that PTG track moderators use to surface what's currently happening at the event.

Track moderators will send messages to the bot via IRC, and from that information, the bot publishes a webpage with several sections of information:
- The discussion topics currently discussed in the room ("now")
- An indicative set of discussion topics coming up next ("next")
- The schedule for the day with available extra slots you can book

Learn more about the ptgbot via the documentation here [4].

HELP DESK
We are here to help! If you have any questions during the event week, we encourage you to join the #openstack-ptg IRC channel and ask them there. You can ping Kendall Waters (wendallkaters) and Kendall Nelson(diablo_rojo) directly on IRC. We will also have a dedicated Zoom room, but ONLY FOR MONDAY, October 26 where an OSF staff member will be available to answer your event related questions. You can also always reach someone at ptg at openstack.org if you are unable to connect to IRC.

FEEDBACK
We have preemptively created an etherpad[5] to collect all of your feedback throughout the event. Please add your thoughts as the week goes on.

GAME TIME!

Since we all know that coming together as a community to hang out and play games is part of what makes the PTG great, we are going to try something new this time around. This PTG, we are going to have two 'game nights'- obviously time zones are hard and it might not be night for everyone, but the times are as follows.

- Thursday, October 29 at 19:00 UTC
- Friday, October 30 at 10:00 UTC
- Friday, October 30 at 23:00 UTC

If you are interested in participating, write your name in the etherpad [6]. We will use it to coordinate games for each of the timeslots.

[1] PTG schedule: https://object-storage-ca-ymq-1.vexxhost.net/swift/v1/6e4619c416ff4bd19e1c087f27a43eea/www-assets-prod/Uploads/PTG2-Oct26-30-2020-Schedule-1.pdf <https://object-storage-ca-ymq-1.vexxhost.net/swift/v1/6e4619c416ff4bd19e1c087f27a43eea/www-assets-prod/Uploads/PTG2-Oct26-30-2020-Schedule-1.pdf>
[2] PTGbot: http://ptg.openstack.org/ptg.html <http://ptg.openstack.org/ptg.html>
[3] How to get started on IRC: https://docs.openstack.org/contributors/common/irc.html <https://docs.openstack.org/contributors/common/irc.html>
[4] PTGbot documentation: https://github.com/openstack/ptgbot/blob/master/README.rst <https://github.com/openstack/ptgbot/blob/master/README.rst>
[5] Feedback Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/October2020-PTG-Feedback <https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/October2020-PTG-Feedback>