[Rust-VMM] Enabling automatic dependency updates

Florescu, Andreea fandree at amazon.com
Mon Feb 22 09:24:58 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

I've enabled automatic dependency updates for all rust-vmm repositories. These are performed by Dependabot [1]. The main reason for that is making sure we uniformly test all the rust-vmm crates using the latest version of the rust-vmm-ci (which is pulled as a git submodule).

Initially I've set it up such that is also updates the Rust dependencies, but it seems that is not very wise for some repositories where we need to use strict dependencies (for example we need to use a strict version of critcmp =0.3.0 so that we can properly parse the output of benchmarks). I've since disabled the Rust updated and now dependabot only updates git submodules.

You should expect to see quite a few PRs from  dependabot-preview GitHub user. They will **all** fail at least one test: the commit message one. The reason for the failure is tracked in the rust-vmm-ci [2] repo.

Thanks,

Andreea

[1] https://dependabot.com/

[2] https://github.com/rust-vmm/rust-vmm-ci/issues/61

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.