[service-announce] Etherpad and Gerrit maintenance on 2020-04-10

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Apr 9 23:25:27 UTC 2020

Hi,

Tomorrow, April 10, 2020, the OpenDev team will be performing minor
updates to two services.

* Gerrit restart for https://review.opendev.org/ at 16:00 UTC.

  This should be a momentary outage to restart the service in a
  container.

  We will maintain the same version in the same configuration; this is a
  preparatory step in order to perform future version upgrades more
  easily.

  Other than a short outage of about a minute, there should be no
  service impact or visible changes, but since the environment is
  changing, we wanted to announce this in case any problems are
  detected.

* Etherpad migration and domain change at 17:00 UTC.

  We will migrate the data currently hosted on etherpad.openstack.org to
  a new server, also running in a container, on etherpad.opendev.org.

  We will set up redirects so that on completion of the migration, all
  etherpad.openstack.org URLs will redirect to the same pages on
  etherpad.opendev.org.  https://etherpad.opendev.org/ will become the
  new canonical service URL.

  This also includes an upgrade to the latest release of Etherpad Lite
  (1.8.0).

  This involves a database migration as well.  The service will be
  unavailable for the duration of this migration (expected to be about
  30 minutes).

Please report any issues in #opendev on Freenode or to the
service-discuss at lists.opendev.org mailing list.

Note that this message is being sent to service-announce and several
other lists.  Future announcements of this type will only be sent to
service-announce, so please sign up[1] for that list if you haven't
already.