elastic-reckeck maintenance takeover

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 18:30:20 UTC 2020

Hi!

I would like to request taking over the maintenance of elastic-recheck project.

My team (triple-ci), really valued the tool and has a strong interest not only in keeping it alive but also improving it.

While the team considered writing our own tool or forking it and changing it for our own use, adding missing features like multiple gerrit servers or multiple issue trackers, I advocated that we should instead become active maintainers and avoid the not-invented-here approach.

I already did some work towards making the tool an easy to deploy standalone container. Starting new instances for testing or production should soon be as easy as a one-line command.

I am more than happy to act as a liason between openstack-infra and triplo-ci and assure that no changes are made that could negatively impact openstack main deployment.

I propose adding tripleo-ci-core gerrit group as core to the project but if there are concerns that the group is too wide, I can also provide a list of people that I trust to follow the expected review process.

Best regards,
Sorin Sbarnea
Red Hat TripleO-CI