Thank you OpenDev Advisory Board Volunteers

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Jul 20 20:16:25 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Thanks again for volunteering. I've cc'd everyone that volunteered. I think next steps for you will be to sign up to OpenDev's mailing lists if you haven't already: http://lists.opendev.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/service-announce and http://lists.opendev.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/service-discuss. You may also want to pay attention to https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:opendev/infra-specs+status:open not necessarily to review every change but to be aware of the big planned updates.

service-announce will be low traffic and used to communicate important announcements broadly like http://lists.opendev.org/pipermail/service-announce/2020-July/000007.html. Ideally we'll be getting your input on relevant changes before they end up on service-announce but good to sign up anyway.

service-discuss is where the bulk of our email communication will happen. I also expect this is where we'll bring things up with the Advisory Board and vice versa. To help kick things off and properly record initial membership I've sent this to service-discuss as well. Feel free to bring up any other bookkeeping or organizational thoughts in this thread and we'll take it from there.

>From a service standpoint some of the things we've been working on recently are Gitea upgrades, containerizing our Zuul and Nodepool deployment, planning a Gerrit upgrade, working on a spec for centralized authentication, and more.

Clark