Forming the OpenDev Advisory Board

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Tue May 26 09:04:35 UTC 2020

W dniu 21.05.2020 o 20:40, Clark Boylan pisze:

> One of the governance bodies that we've described is the OpenDev
> Advisory Board [0]. The purpose of this group is to work with the
> OpenDev admins to ensure that project and resource provider needs are
> being met. Through this group OpenDev can communicate important
> updates, manage load on cloud resources over time, and plan for
> future needs. I'm also hopeful that it can serve as a conduit for our
> collaborating constituents to find time to help administer OpenDev as
> well.
>
> We would like to welcome both projects consuming OpenDev resources and
> OpenDev resource providers to join the Advisory Board. The OpenDev
> admins don't want to prescribe how various groups decide who
> represents them as what works for OpenStack may not work for Zuul or
> Vexxhost. I don't expect this will be a large time sink, more that
> we'll have better communication channels when necessary. Once a
> participating group has decided who their representation should be, it
> would be great to have that representative reply to this thread
> publicly and introduce themselves. This way we'll build a roster over
> time.
>
> For Advisory Board process, I'd like to avoid making it heavyweight
> and suggest using this mailing list
> (service-discuss at lists.opendev.org) with a subject tag of
> [AdvisoryBoard]. That said, I think the Advisory Board can decide if
> something else would work better for them once we've started to
> collect a roster here.

Thanks for invitation. I am interested in participating in Advisory
Board.

I work for Red Hat as one of AArch64 (64-bit Arm) developers. Currently
assigned to Linaro project where I work on getting AArch64 the first
class citizen in OpenStack world.

Core developer in OpenStack Kolla project, aarch64 CI jobs maintainer.