Testing the results of Gerrit upgrades on review-test.opendev.org

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Oct 6 23:41:32 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Recently fungi and I managed to make review-test.opendev.org a copy of production Gerrit (review.opendev.org) as of October 1. We have since upgraded that installation to Gerrit 2.16. The 2.16 version is a potential upgrade target for our production Gerrit as we have to stop there and do a required notedb migration step. What isn't yet clear is if we'll expose the 2.16 installation or continue on to upgrade to a 3.x version. In order to figure that out we'll be doing the notedb migration and the 3.x upgrades in the near future. Once we've gone through the process we should have a good idea of what makes sense as far as upgrades go for us.

In any case the server is up for testing now if people want to take a look at 2.16 and offer feedback. I'll followup on this thread when we get upgraded to 3.x and ask for feedback on that version too. Head to https://review-test.opendev.org and check it out.

There are some minor known issues. The biggest that people will probably notice is that our hacky javascript CI results table does not work in the old gerrit UI or the new polygerrit UI. The commentlinks for zuul results are also not working on polygerrit UI. We're still investigating, but we're going to be careful that we don't worry about every single issue like that pre upgrade otherwise we'll never get the upgrade done. Instead we'll gather feedback and prioritize then sort out what needs fixing now and what we can sort out later.

Let us know what you think,
Clark