Next steps with new review server

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 02:27:16 UTC 2021

Hi,

We have a large server provided by Vexxhost up and running in a
staging capacity to replace the current server at
review02.openstack.org.

I have started to track some things at [1]

There's a couple of things:

1) Production database

Currently, we use a hosted db.  Since NoteDB this only stores review
seen flags.  We've been told that other sites treat this data as
ephemeral; they use a H2 db on disk and don't worry about backing up
or restoring across upgrades.

I have proposed storing this in a mariadb sibling container with [2].
We know how to admin, backup and restore that.  That would be my
preference, but I'm not terribly fussed.  If I could request some
reviews on that; I'll take +2's as a sign we should use a container,
otherwise we can leave it with H2 it has now.

2) IPv6 issues

We've seen a couple of cases that are looking increasingly like stray
RA's are some how assigning extra addresses, similar to [1].  Our
mirror in the same region has managed to acquire 50+ default routes
somehow.

It seems like inbound traffic keeps working (why we haven't seen
issues with other production servers?).  But I feel like it's a little
bit troubling to have undiagnosed before we switch our major service
to it.  I'm running some tracing, trying to at least catch a stray RA
while the server is quite, in the etherpad.  But suggestions here are
welcome.

-i

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/gerrit-upgrade-2021
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/775961