Re: [devstack][infra] POST_FAILURE on export-devstack-journal : Export journal

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Apr 6 16:46:33 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, at 9:11 AM, Radosław Piliszek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 6:02 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> > Looking at the error, I strongly suspect memory exhaustion. We could
> > try tuning xz to use less memory when compressing.

Worth noting that we continue to suspect memory pressure, and in particular diving into swap, for random failures that appear timing or performance related. I still think it would be a helpful exercise for OpenStack to look at its memory consumption (remember end users will experience this too) and see if there are any unexpected areas of memory use. I think the last time i skimmed logs the privsep daemon was a large consumer because we separate instance is run for each service and they all add up.