UbuntuOne/Launchpad two-factor authentication

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 1 20:29:42 UTC 2021

On 2021-11-22 20:15:05 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> I'm bringing it up here first for discussion, in order to see if
> anyone has any concerns or related suggestions, but barring none
> I'd like to move forward with a "soft" (quiet) call for wider
> testing the first week of December.

I also brought this up in yesterday's OpenDev meeting[*] and there
were no objections, nor have any been raised in the past week here.
As such, anyone interested in using Ubuntu's 2FA feature feel free
to request membership in https://launchpad.net/~opendev-2fa as long
as you've read the lengthy disclaimers in the group description
there. We've already added two early volunteers.

If it continues to work out well for folks, we can make a bit more
noise about the availability early next year. In the meantime, if
you have any questions or observations you want to share, feel free
to follow up here or in the #opendev channel on the OFTC IRC
network.

[*] https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/infra/2021/infra.2021-11-30-19.01.html
--
Jeremy Stanley