[service-announce] Switching default nodeset in base job to ubuntu-focal

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Wed May 5 05:54:32 UTC 2021

I support the move as I am aware of several issues that are sorted (or
simplified) by using a newer release.

It worth mentioning that GHA has a nice way to announce pending upgrade of
their “nodeset” upgrades: they include a visible warning on each executed
job that use a node that is pending a change, something like: “This job is
using ubuntu-latest which will soon be switched from x to y. Use specific
labels if you want to avoid such a switch.” They do no mention the exact
date of the switch but apparently these warnings to stay on for at least
one month.

--
--
/zbr