Infra Team Meeting Agenda for January 11, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Jan 10 21:11:12 UTC 2022

Our first meeting of the year will be held January 11, 2022 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting. I expect it will still be pretty quiet due to holidays so we might get through it quickly. This is our agenda:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** OpenInfra Foundation Board Election happening this week. Don't forget to vote.

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** ansible-lint failures (clarkb 20220111)
*** An unpinned dep (rich) in old ansible-lint has updated and broken ansible-lint. Need to pin rich or update ansible-lint.
*** clarkb has a number of these changes up for review now. topic:ansible-lint
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20220111)
*** Bootstrapping bridge via Zuul is now a complicated subject. Can use zuul secrets to make it happen. Are we comfortable with this?
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/infra-specs/+/821645 -- spec outlining some of the issues with secrets
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/821155 -- sample of secret writing; more info in changelog
** Container maintenance (clarkb 20220111)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-container-maintenance
*** Updating Buster images to Bullseye
**** https://review.opendev.org/q/hashtag:%22bullseye-image-update%22+status:open The uwsgi image update in particular could use review.
*** Running container with dedicated users. Next up all the ircbots.
*** Upgrading Zookeeper
*** Upgrading MariaDB
*** Eventually convert MariaDB container's from uid 999 to something that makes more sense on the system.
** Spring cleaning our Nodepool images (clarkb 20220111)
*** http://lists.opendev.org/pipermail/service-announce/2021-December/000029.html cleanup announcement
*** CentOS 8 and OpenSUSE Tumbleweed need cleanup this month.
** Scheduling Gerrit Project Renames (clarkb 20220111)

* Open discussion