[Edge-computing] 答复: 答复: More information on Akraino

Addepalli, Srinivasa R srinivasa.r.addepalli at intel.com
Wed Apr 4 16:28:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

At ONS, a discussion happened on ONAP role (and gaps) in edge-automation.  You can find the page and few presentations here:

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Edge+Automation+through+ONAP
https://wiki.onap.org/download/attachments/28379482/Edge_ONAP_WG_v3.pdf?api=v2

Though it is ONAP centric view, but it provides some information on possible edge deployments.  We would like to hear your views, especially the possible VIMs that are candidates for edge-clouds, thin edges and centralization of control (out of edges).

On centralization :  In the slide you are referring to,  it was deliberately kept generic. Keeping diverse workload-types (VMs/Docker containers/Kata Containers) sharing same compute nodes, Uniform networking across VMs & containers and keeping WAN latencies in mind,  we need to carefully choose right workload-scheduler as part of centralization of control.  Would like to hear any thoughts and work done on these aspects.  There are few open source candidates – Openstack,  K8S and CIAO etc..

BTW, it was great to hear from Jonathan and Beth at ONS that openstack edge-computing group is not just married to Openstack, but open for right candidates for edge use cases.

Thanks
Srini