[Edge-computing] Forum Topic - After Keystone and Glance, what's about Nova? Neutron?

free lebre.adrien at free.fr
Fri Apr 13 14:35:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

I’m just wondering whether we should have similar discussions  for Nova and Neutron (ie. something similar to the forum topic proposal Gerg0 posted for Keystone and Glance)?

What are the expected features from Nova viewpoint?  What does it mean at the nova level?  Does it require to implement additional mechanisms?
CMU/OEC folks have been investigating a few mechanisms related to WAN live migration and booting process challenges.
Although they are nice features, they seem to target advanced scenarios/use-cases (at least based on the PTG discussions).
Is there any other capability edge DevOps would like to see at the Noval level?

What’s about Neutron? We know that Tricircle enables DevOps to deal with some network aspects? is it sufficient? do we need specific mechanisms for edge use-case?

My two cents,
ad_ri3n_