[Edge-computing] Demo Accepted: OPNFV Testing for Open Infrastructure Federation

fuqiao at chinamobile.com fuqiao at chinamobile.com
Thu Aug 2 09:08:20 UTC 2018

Hi, all. We continue the discussion about the keystone demo on ONS on yesterday's edge cloud call and today's EC WG call. The detailed progress are kept in the following etherpad page, under the OPNFV bullet.
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ECG_Keystone_Testing

In general, we have made some progress on the demo setup, the resources for the demo, and the test scenarios.

1, for the lab resource, Julien will help to save some resource for the demo. I guess that will be in one of our ZTE lab? is that right, @Julien?
2, for demo setup, Manuel helps to give some introduction about the current progress for XCI. For now, we think we could promote the demo by deploy XCI twice in one lab, there are some manuel work required to setup the keystone federation. Details about the federation deployment are kept in Colleen's blog.
http://www.gazlene.net/demystifying-keystone-federation.html

Manuel will help look into this and see if it is possible to automate these. But we may need help from the keystone team.
3, for the test scenarios, Georg propose we could look into the impact of network condition, scalability, and hardware limitation, and see how these aspects can impact keystone federation.
I am trying to propose the following 3 test cases, and hope we could continue the discussion next week.

TC01: add network delay between user agent and identity provider. See how latency influence the federation mechanism
TC02: add bandwidth limitation between user agent and identity provider, see how bandwidth influence
TC03: creat a scenario with a number of (e.g. 1M) users authenticate together, from a certain nunber (e.g. 2) of service provider. and see how the scalability is for the identity provider. Such case could also be done when there are latency and bandwidth limitation between the user agent and the identity provider.

I would like to invite the keystone team and the edge cloud team to discuss about the test cases together during our next call.

Thank you.

中国移动研究院
网络与IT技术研究所
付乔 15901025951