[Edge-computing] Berlin Summit recap on Edge

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:39:20 UTC 2018

Hi David,

Thank you for summarizing the discussion from last week’s use cases call.

We have a few items we are working on such as the IdP master scenario for Keystone[1] and metadata caching for Glance[2].

Beyond the above we also started to link the MVP architectures to use cases and taking next steps into the direction of understanding better what each use case demands on our current list. We’ve also re-organized the use cases wiki to reflect the priorities/interest we’ve discussed in Berlin on the Forum session about this topic so we get a better focus on items to look into first.

I think it would be great to continue these activities and as you say define more tasks and items that can be directly mapped to project teams. We also have a Storyboard project[3] now to track user stories which can then broken down to items for teams to work on.

What do you think? Also did you agree on a plan last week on the use cases call?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Keystone_edge_architectures#Identity_Provider_.28IdP.29_Master_with_shadow_users
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/glance-caching-for-edge