[Edge-computing] Upcoming Work Sessions Schedule - Edge

Mahadev Satyanarayanan satya at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 2 18:47:21 UTC 2018

0. "The  Emergence  of Edge Computing
<http://gabriel.cs.cmu.edu/DOCS/satya-edge2016.pdf>" is the best place to
start.

After that, I suggest these 4 papers in this order:
  1. "An Open Ecosystem for Mobile-Cloud Convergence"
<http://gabriel.cs.cmu.edu/DOCS/satya-cloudlet-ecosystem-2015.pdf>
      (especially the section "Industry-Wide Business Opportunities Drive
an Open Ecosystem"
  2. "Just-in-Time Provisioning for Cyber Foraging
<http://gabriel.cs.cmu.edu/DOCS/ha-mobisys-vmsynthesis-2013.pdf>"
  3. ‘‘You Can Teach Elephants to Dance: Agile VM Handoff for Edge Computing
<http://gabriel.cs.cmu.edu/DOCS/ha-sec2017.pdf>’’
  4. "OpenStack++ for Cloudlet Deployment
<http://gabriel.cs.cmu.edu/DOCS/CMU-CS-15-123.pdf>"

#2 and #3 describe valuable functionality for edge computing infrastructure,
along with motivating use cases.  #4 describes the integration of this
functionality
into OpenStack.

   -- Satya