[Edge-computing] Fwd: OpenStack Summit - Berlin 2018 - Presentation Submission Received

Azhar Sayeed asayeed at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 14:32:31 UTC 2018

Team,

Per our discussion on the call this morning, I submitted a presentation for OSS Berlin on “Zero Touch Provisioning for Edge use cases”

I don’t know if you can see this link because the CFP hasn’t yet closed.. I will post the link once the submissions are live..

Here is a short abstract
***
Zero touch provisioning of Whitebox servers is critical for Edge use cases. Akraino community has published five blue prints of POD (Points of Delivery) for Edge. However, the blueprints of Satellite and Rover are still up for discussion.

In this presentation we will discuss zero touch provisioning for Satellite and Rover blue prints of Akraino. We will explain the challenges associated with Zero Touch Provisioning for OpenStack and Kubernetes - We will show how these remote nodes can be authenticated, provisioned and managed by OpenStack and/or Kubernetes.

***

The goal is to also show a simple demo as part of the presentation..
The focus is on multi-layer authentication and automation of provisioning of the remote nodes HCI or non HCI

I have another speaker from Red Hat on this topic - I am open to adding another speaker from this WG if there is value..

Regards,
Azhar