[Edge-computing] [openstack-dev] [tripleo][FEMDC] IEEE Fog Computing: Call for Contributions - Deadline Approaching

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 17:58:50 UTC 2018

Hi folks.
The deadline for papers seems to be extended till Nov 17, so that's a
great news!
I finished drafting the position paper [0],[1].

Please /proof read and review. There is also open questions placed there
and it would be really nice to have a co-author here for any of those
items remaining...

I'm also looking for some help with... **uploading PDF** to EDAS system!
:) It throws on me:
  pdf	notstampable	The PDF file is not compliant with PDF standards and
cannot be stamped (see FAQ)...

And FAQ says:

> "First, try using the most current version of dvipdf for LaTeX or the most current version of Word. You can also distill the file by using Acrobat (Pro, not Acrobat Reader):
> * Open the PDF file in Acrobat Pro;
> * Go to the File Menu > Save As or File > Export To... (in Adobe DC Pro) or File > Save As Other... > More Options > Postscript (in Adobe Pro version 11)
> * Give the file a new name (do not overwrite the original file);
> * Under "Save As Type", choose "PostScript File (*.ps)"
> * Open Distiller and browse for this file or go to the directory where the file exists and double click on the file - this will open and run Distiller and regenerate the PDF file.
>
> If you do not have Acrobat Pro, you can also try to save the PostScript version via Apple Preview, using the "Print..." menu and the "PDF v" selector in the lower left hand corner to pick "Save as PostScript...". Unfortunately, Apple Preview saves PDF files as version 1.3, which is not acceptable to PDF Xpress, but tools such as docupub appear to produce compliant PDF."

I have yet tried those MS word/adobe pro and distutils dances ( I think
I should try that as well... ), but neither docupub [2] nor dvipdf(m)
for LaTeX helped to produce a pdf edas can eat :-(

[0]
https://github.com/bogdando/papers-ieee/blob/master/ICFC-2019/LaTeX/position_paper_1570506394.pdf
[1]
https://github.com/bogdando/papers-ieee/blob/master/ICFC-2019/LaTeX/position_paper_1570506394.tex