[Edge-computing] Blog post series and PTG

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Mon Aug 9 17:20:39 UTC 2021

Hi,

First of all let me announce that our new blog post, 'Is Edge Computing a Distributed System at Scale?’, is now live on Superuser: https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/is-edge-computing-a-distributed-system-at-scale/

The discussion on distributed systems and/vs edge computing has just started, we have a lot more to untangle there. Hereby I would like to invite everyone who has some follow up thoughts or questions to the above blog to join our calls on Mondays at 6am PDT / 1300 UTC[1].

If you would like to join the discussion please subscribe to the mailing list and reply to the thread.

We are also continuously looking for new topics, so if you have an edge conundrum you can bring that to discuss with the group as well!

The Edge Computing Group will be participating in the upcoming PTG[3] in October. We have three slots booked for this fully online event for some more deep dive technical discussions about edge infrastructures including challenges and solutions. If you have topics you would like to discuss please add that to our planning etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-ptg-october-2021
Also please add your name to your topic and add your contact info to the etherpad so we can keep you in the loop during the planning phase.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Meetings