[Edge-computing] Untangling the edge - weekly call minutes

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Mon May 10 15:02:56 UTC 2021

Hi,

We had a really good chat today in an attempt to untangle the edge!

As edge computing evolves we got some clarity around certain aspects and even more confusions and misconceptions around others. Today we were collecting these confusions and were also looking into commonalities and varieties in describing edge and edge infrastructures.

We collected ideas for a first blog post that includes topics to deep dive into later on. You can find the noted from the call here: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-untangling-the-edge

If you would like to join the effort and help us untangle the edge you can join our next weekly call next Monday (May 17). If you cannot make it to the call, you can respond to this mail thread, or sign up on the etherpad above, or reach out to me directly and I can help you to get started.

On our next weekly call next Monday we will deep dive into specific items to sort out, such as ‘why edge and 5G are two completely separate things’.

Our calls are on Mondays at 1300 UTC, you can find more details here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Meetings

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———