[Edge-computing] Meeting minutes of the January 24 meeting

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Tue Jan 25 16:42:31 UTC 2022

Hi,

We had a great call on Monday (January 24) this week. Please find below the highlights of our discussions:

* We spent a good amount of time to discuss topics that we would like to dive deeper during 2022
  * The main theme that people on the call were interested in was complexity
  * Complexity brings in a few more topics such as automation, orchestration and just in general manageability of infrastructure and workloads
  * We touched on the management and orchestration (MANO) space as well as standardization related efforts
    * ONAP
    * ETSI MANO
    * ETSI MEC
  * We will be reaching out to the relevant groups and communities to gather some updates about their activities and foster some cross-community collaboration efforts
  * More fine grained topics of interest for the year would be
    * IPv4 vs IPv6
    * DNS, DHCP
    * Middleware, application management
    * Accounting, monitoring, analytics
    * Telco-grade vs enterprise-grade needs
* Open Infrastructure Summit CFP is now open!
  * Summit is scheduled for June 7-9, 2022 in Berlin, Germany
  * CFP is open until February 09 - https://cfp.openinfra.dev/app/berlin-2022
  * The working group is looking into submitting one or more sessions to share our learnings and findings from last year and discuss challenges and forecasts for 2022
    * An idea is to organize a cross-community panel with adjacent edge groups and communities
    * If you would like to participate or have an idea for a session please respond to this thread or reach out to me directly!!

For further notes please see our meeting etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/oif-edge-computing-group

For further details about the weekly calls, please see our wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Upcoming_Topics

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó