[Edge-computing] Weekly Call Meeting Minutes

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Wed Mar 23 21:00:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

We had a great call this Monday (March 21) where Adrien Lebre from Inria was presenting to give updates about their project, called Cheops. We also had some additional conversation on the topic of solutions to the challenges of operations and automation in edge environments. Please find below the highlights of our meeting:

* Cheops is an academic project that focuses on the operations challenge for edge environments
  * Control plane functions are distributed out to the edge to be able to cope with challenges such as
    * Connection loss
    * Intermittent connection
  * Keeping the sites in sync becomes the new challenge
    * Local-first
    * Collaborative-then
    * The approach builds on service-mesh concepts
  * Next steps
    * Generalizing the solution
    * Resource and dependency models and patterns
      * Modeling relationships: required, depends on, composed of
    * Scalability is tackled by using the concept of “scope"
  * Relevant papers (without the relationship models)
    * https://hal.inria.fr/hal-03212421
    * https://hal.inria.fr/hal-03282425
* Blog post that describes the sessions at the upcoming Project Teams Gathering Event is now published: https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/edge-in-production-at-the-upcoming-project-teams-gathering/

To listen back to the whole conversation, please check the recording of the call here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Cheops_project_update_from_Inria

For further details about the weekly calls, please see our wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Upcoming_Topics

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó