[Openinfralabs] OpenInfra Labs Branding

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Tue Apr 21 15:57:40 UTC 2020

Digging this one back up and adding some of my free brainstorm thoughts

> 	• Do you have any initial ideas or opinions for this brand?
This is a project that focuses on integrating systems together for real-world usage. It’s got an academic/science/research heritage, but I don’t think it will play only in that world.

There’s also a strong operations focus—running things reliably and repeatably—and sharing the resources and knowledge around doing that broadly and openly.

> 	• How would you want this brand to be perceived (corporate, futuristic, whimsical, trustworthy, etc.)?
I don’t have a strong opinion on this one. Would love to hear if anyone else has thoughts on it.

Someone in a conversation once compared it to Underwriters Laboratories ( https://www.ul.com/ ). Not sure the brand feel would be the same, but just sharing.

OPNFV ( https://www.opnfv.org/ ) is another open source community that has a similar mission in the telecom space.

> 	• Are there any brands or visual systems you do not want to emulate?
> 	• Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Jonathan