[Openinfralabs] Openinfralabs/Operate First Monitoring

Daitzman, Michael S msd at bu.edu
Tue Jul 14 15:24:33 UTC 2020

Open Infralabs Monitoring Call:

Time of Weekly Meeting: Wednesdays 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM EST.  Zoom Call: https://bostonu.zoom.us/j/96627664949?pwd=U3BtN1VSOHdHTGtUQ1FvdHdmdnpsQT09 telephone call in info below.

Link to this document: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/Jul_15_2020Monitoring

Proposed Agenda items for July 15:
1. CNV demo
2. looking for CNV VM workloads - do you have projects you want to try out?
3. will be setting up Single Sign On for these nodes - very small system at the moment
4. Summer Intern will be assisting with getting videos uploaded to youtube will introduce this week or next.
5. Agenda items for July 21?

Reminder:  Red Hat Engineers that work on the upstream projects involved in monitoring are looking for our inputs on monitoring requirements as inputs - deadline for our input July 1 and we will review in our July 8 meeting. (Bill (Sorry I cannot make the meeting this week due to a conflict) - Bill)

  *   Some     examples of related projects: Apache QPID dispatch router, rsyslog,   collectd, Fluentd, Ceilometer, Elastic cloud on Kubernetes (ECK),     prometheus, Kibana, Thanos
Note: we have not had anything to touch so we may not have a lot to say on this :-/.  If you have things you want addressed upstream please add as comments here: https://gitlab.com/open-infrastructure-labs/nerc-architecture/-/issues/16

Generally useful information:

  *   An Etherpad with links to various useful meeting notes, etc.: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/Open_Infra_Labs_Monitoring_Meeting

  *   OpenInfraLabs Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9o1FYtFHVzsGRgCSU4lV4g - I am adding videos there instead of gitlab. (pendign Intern assist)

    Reminder:  Red Hat Engineers that work on the upstream projects involved in monitoring are looking for our inputs on monitoring requirements as inputs - deadline for our input July 1 and we will review in our July 8 meeting. (Bill (Sorry I cannot make the meeting this week due to a conflict) - Bill)

Some     examples of related projects: Apache QPID dispatch router, rsyslog,   collectd, Fluentd, Ceilometer, Elastic cloud on Kubernetes (ECK),     prometheus, Kibana, Thanos

Note: we have not had anything to touch so we may not have a lot to say on this :-/.  If you have things you want addressed upstream please add as comments here: https://gitlab.com/open-infrastructure-labs/nerc-architecture/-/issues/16

Meeting ID: 966 2766 4949
Password: 817871
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,96627664949# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,96627664949# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)