[Openinfralabs] OpenInfra Labs Branding

James Cole james at openstack.org
Tue Mar 31 22:08:56 UTC 2020

Greetings OpenInfra Labs team!

My name is James Cole and I’m a graphic designer with the OpenStack Foundation. We want to help you brand this project and would like to gather your ideas before venturing too far down the logo development process.

There are a few obvious possibilities for the visual identity (e.g., laboratory equipment, scientific things, symbols related to testing, etc.) but maybe you have some unique ideas that would better represent the project.

Our brand design process normally follows these steps:

Gather internal and community requirements
Create some rough concepts
Share the concepts internally with the OSF team
Share the concepts on the mailing list and gather feedback
Revise and refine concepts as necessary
Gather consensus and select the community favorite as the official logo

Some things that are helpful to know:

Do you have any initial ideas or opinions for this brand?
How would you want this brand to be perceived (corporate, futuristic, whimsical, trustworthy, etc.)?
Are there any brands or projects similar to this project?
Are there any brands or visual systems you do not want to emulate?
Any other thoughts?

Thank you!

James Cole
Graphic Designer