[Openinfralabs] Project Caerus Code Release

Hui Lei dr.huilei at gmail.com
Mon May 10 18:33:05 UTC 2021

Dear all,

As you may know, the Caerus project of the Open Infra Labs investigates
techniques such as near-data processing and semantic caching to optimize
the performance of disaggregated data lakes. I am pleased to announce that
an initial version of the project code is now available in the open infra
lab repo (https://github.com/open-infrastructure-labs/caerus). The initial
code base enables the pushing down of Spark SQL operations to the data
nodes of HDFS. Attached is a preliminary evaluation of the work using TPCH
benchmark. You are all welcome to check out and, better yet, contribute to
the work. We will be using the project wiki (
https://github.com/open-infrastructure-labs/caerus/wiki) for discussions
and questions.

- Hui Lei