[Rust-VMM] License for kvm-ioctls & other crates

Florescu, Andreea fandree at amazon.com
Wed Apr 10 14:29:31 UTC 2019

Hey,

As per our discussion on this issue https://github.com/rust-vmm/community/issues/14 but also from our last week sync call, we will update the license of existing crates to MIT and Apache-v.2.0 to accommodate both Qemu usecase and Firecracker.

I am currently trying to publish version v0.1.0 of the kvm-ioctls crate to crates.io and before doing so I wanted to also update the license. I lack experience in the licensing domain so I am here to ask (pretty please) if anyone can submit a PR with the updated license or otherwise point me to relevant resources so I can update it myself. I am aiming for publishing the crate either at the end of this week or beginning of the next one. Any takers?

Thanks,

Andreea

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.