[Rust-VMM] Rust VMM Crates

Florescu, Andreea fandree at amazon.com
Wed Jan 16 15:28:39 UTC 2019

Hey Gerry,

The memory_model crate (firecracker) and the data_model crate (crosvm) have slightly diverged. You can check out this gist as it has some details about them: https://gist.github.com/andreeaflorescu/ce4190b442dea2c48a0d783019579ad3

I think the best to do in this situation is to talk to both projects that currently use the crate (crosvm & firecracker) and find out if/how we can share it. My personal preference would be to have it first as a shared crate between the projects and then submit your changes as PR so both the teams can benefit from your changes.

How does that sound?

Andreea