[Rust-VMM] Summer of Code / Outreachy projects
stefanha at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 11:32:51 UTC 2019
On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 07:07:00PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> QEMU would be glad to host projects related to VMMs in Rust as part of
> Google summer of Code and Outreachy. This includes all of Firecracker,
> CrosVM and common infrastructure that could be reused by multiple
> virtual machine monitors; with my QEMU hat, I would obviously favor the
> latter :)).
> An idea could be to migrate Firecracker and CrosVM to the Fuchsia crates
> that were mentioned early here on the mailing list, and/or implement a
> sample vhost-user client using whatever standard set of crates are
> established. Another possibility is PCI and virtio-pci in Firecracker.
Background information on mentoring Google Summer of Code internships
* Presentation on the big picture, how it works, etc
"QEMU Community Growth Through Open Source Internships"
* Good project ideas are suitable for 12 weeks of full-time work by a
competent programmer who is not yet familiar with the codebase. In
addition, they are:
* Well-defined - the scope is clear
* Self-contained - there are few dependencies
* Uncontroversial - they are acceptable to the community
* Incremental - they produce deliverables along the way
* QEMU may have resources for up to 2 Rust-VMM project ideas this year.
You can post them here (see template on the wiki page) or email them
If you have questions, please let me know.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 455 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Rust-vmm