[Rust-VMM] Announcing Cloud Hypervisor project

Rob Bradford robert.bradford at intel.com
Tue May 14 23:17:51 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Today we released our effort on building a hypervisor based on Rust-VMM
components.

https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor

Cloud Hypervisor makes extensive use of Rust-VMM crates, both released
and under development. Thank you to everyone in this community for all
your hard work and particularly the crosvm and Firecracker developers
whose code provides the basis for most of these crates and is essential
in this project.

The README has a great explanation of the goals of the project but one
that I want to highlight here is the goal to provide a vehicle for the
integration of Rust-VMM crates under development and so we are looking
forward to many new Rust-VMM crates appearing.

Cheers,

Rob