[Rust-VMM] [Action Required] Rust VMM Meetup - Registration
fandree at amazon.com
Thu Sep 26 12:32:52 UTC 2019
As we are getting closer and closer to the Bucharest rust-vmm meetup, we would like to get a better idea regarding the number of participants.
Please complete the registration form (https://forms.gle/BnrYyYFMaWgWVJwc7) by 4th October. If you have any other special requirements, please send me an email.
- 21-23 October 2019
- The meet-up takes place in the Amazon Development Center.
- 4-6 Dimitrie Pompeiu Street, Globalworth Campus, Building A, 11th Floor, Bucharest, District 2, Romania
- 2 mins walking from subway station Pipera
Entering the country:
Please let me know if you need a VISA.
>From OTP Airport to Bucharest:
1. Uber or Taxify - this is the easiest and less stressful way to get in town; exit the arrivals area of the airport terminal and cross the drive-through pickup lanes. Don't be alarmed when the Uber driver gets out of the car just after picking you up -- they're paying the fee to exit the parking lot. A trip from the airport to the city center costs around 30-50 RON (6-10 euros).
2. Bus - Bus 783 is going from OTP to Piata Unirii; some more information here: https://www.infotravelromania.com/bus-783-airport-henri-coanda-unirii-old-town/
3. Taxi - I personally do not recommend this option because of the often scams. If you want to go with a taxi you can use the self-order machines for taxis. You can find the machine when you exit the security area of the terminal. It is less likely to be scammed if you're using the machine. Usually pay by card is not available, so you will need cash. The higher-fare taxis (approx 3.5 RON / km) accept credit cards.
Getting around in Bucharest:
Subway is usually the fastest and most reliable way to get around in Bucharest. You can buy the tickets from every subway station from the vending machine.
Subway map: http://www.metrorex.ro/Resurse/Harta/harta2017_iun_eng.pdf
Our usual hotel recommendations:
1. Intercontinental, https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/bucharest/buhha/hoteldetail/concierge
2. Europe Royale Hotel, https://www.europaroyalebucharest.com/
3. Hilton Garden Inn Bucharest Old Town, https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/romania/hilton-garden-inn-bucharest-old-town-BUHGIGI/index.html
Booking and Airbnb are also available.
My personal recommendation is to pick a place anywhere between Piata Victoriei and Piata Unirii on the Bucharest Metro Line M2 (the blue line). It will be super easy to get to the campus by subway and it's also a pretty lively and nice area to explore in the evening.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. I will return with more information about the schedule and access to the building in the following days.
See y'all soon,
Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Rust-vmm