[Rust-VMM] rust-vmm plans for 2021 & meeting community members

Florescu, Andreea fandree at amazon.com
Wed Feb 3 14:10:00 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

Last week myself and Laura (lauralg@) had a meeting with a few people from Sartura [1] in which we discussed about where we are with the project, and potential paths for collaboration.

They are interested in using vmm-reference [2] and rust-vmm for their internal projects, and so we were thinking that it would be a good idea to also talk about the future plans that people in this community have.

We've been asked a couple of times for a road map for this project, and I believe it would be nice to start working on it, and have it publicly available.

Sartura is interested in presenting a POC by the end of next week, and so I was thinking we can schedule a meeting in which they present their POC, and then we can also discuss about the road map for 2021.

The target date for the meeting is 15 February 2021. The folks at Sartura are working on the CEST timezone, so we should try to find an hour where they can join as well.

I'll be scheduling the meeting such that most people can join. Please add your best fit here: [3]. Alternatively, we can also schedule 2 meetings to have more coverage if people are interested.

Thanks,

Andreea

[1] https://www.sartura.hr/

[2] https://github.com/rust-vmm/vmm-reference

[3] https://doodle.com/poll/e8swc9fvrdntzna2?

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.