[Rust-VMM] vhost reply_ack negotiation (a.k.a differences in vhost-user behaviour with libvhost-user and vhost-user-backend.rs)

Raphael Norwitz raphael.s.norwitz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:25:39 UTC 2021

As an afterthought - if VHOST_USER_F_PROTOCOL_FEATURES is indeed
unset, the issue may well be caused by QEMU reading an uninitialized
value for dev->protocol_features. Some device types like cryptodev
explicitly zero it out. As I said, it isn't set anywhere else in the
source and If dev->protocol_features had REPLY_ACK set when the
vhost_dev device is initialized, it would exactly explain the behavior
you are seeing.