[Rust-VMM] Call for GSoC and Outreachy project ideas for summer 2022

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 09:34:30 UTC 2022

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 at 21:05, Alexander Bulekov <alxndr at bu.edu> wrote:

> On 220128 1547, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> > Dear QEMU, KVM, and rust-vmm communities,
> > QEMU will apply for Google Summer of Code 2022
> > (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/) and has been accepted into
> > Outreachy May-August 2022 (https://www.outreachy.org/). You can now
> > submit internship project ideas for QEMU, KVM, and rust-vmm!
> >
> > If you have experience contributing to QEMU, KVM, or rust-vmm you can
> > be a mentor. It's a great way to give back and you get to work with
> > people who are just starting out in open source.
> >
> > Please reply to this email by February 21st with your project ideas.
> >
> > Good project ideas are suitable for remote work by a competent
> > programmer who is not yet familiar with the codebase. In
> > addition, they are:
> > - Well-defined - the scope is clear
> > - Self-contained - there are few dependencies
> > - Uncontroversial - they are acceptable to the community
> > - Incremental - they produce deliverables along the way
> >
> > Feel free to post ideas even if you are unable to mentor the project.
> > It doesn't hurt to share the idea!
>
> Here are two fuzzing-related ideas:

Hi Alex,
I have added both ideas to the wiki. I tried to edit them, including
adding specific goals for the intern to complete during the summer.
Please take a look at then and feel free to edit!

> Fuzzing).

https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2022#Implement_a_snapshot_fuzzing_device

https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2022#Coverage-guided_disk_image_fuzzing

Stefan