[service-announce] Temporarily blocking AS4837 (China Unicom) from Git

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 30 18:30:05 UTC 2020

Due to a flood of connections from random addresses within AS4837
(China Unicom), we have temporarily blocked access to the
opendev.org Git service from all prefixes they're announcing in BGP.
This is not a decision we took lightly, but whatever distributed
system these requests are coming from is not limited to any easily
classified network set. We're also seeing similar activity from
AS4134 (ChinaNet), and so may have to add filtering for their
prefixes too in the near term.

Hopefully we can lift this block once the problematic traffic
subsides, or as soon as we implement better alternative mitigations.
--
Jeremy Stanley