[service-announce] review.opendev.org Gerrit outage and upgrade 15:00UTC November 20 to 01:00UTC November 23, 2020
fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Nov 23 00:41:22 UTC 2020
Many thanks for your patience, our Gerrit upgrade maintenance has
now concluded. We consider services to be mostly functional at this
point. Here are a few updates you may want to consider as you
venture back into code review:
1. If you encounter any changes updated in the past three days which
lack verified votes from Zuul, you'll probably want to leave
"recheck" comments on them to get test results, since their upload
events were likely lost in the shuffle.
2. Make sure you're using a compatible release of the git-review
tool; you need 1.27 or newer to work with our new Gerrit version.
3. The version of Gerrit we're running now properly hashes REST API
passwords, and as a result you need to use HTTP basic auth instead
of digest auth with it (gertty users will want to set "auth-type:
basic" in the server entry of their configuration).
4. For that reason, we also suggest generating a new REST API
password in your Gerrit settings if you currently have one, since
old copies were stored in the database in unencrypted plain text.
5. We're assembling notes on important changes and apparent
regressions here, please review them and feel free to help expand on
the information we've collected so far:
6. For those interested in the details of our maintenance activity,
the entire effort was coordinated in IRC and logged:
7. If you have any other input, please follow up on the
service-discuss at lists.opendev.org mailing list or in the #opendev
channel on the Freenode IRC network.
on behalf of the OpenDev Collaboratory sysadmins
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the service-announce