[service-announce] Gerrit Maintenance and Downtime January 24, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Jan 18 21:59:44 UTC 2022

Hello,

The OpenDev team will be taking the early year quiet as an opportunity to rename a few projects in Gerrit and upgrade Gerrit to 3.4 starting January 24, 2022 at 22:00 UTC. We expect to be done by 00:00 UTC January 25, 2022.

If you would like to rename a project now is the time to get that preparation done. Please link any rename proposals in our list here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting#Upcoming_Project_Renames

The Gerrit 3.4 release notes can be found at https://www.gerritcodereview.com/3.4.html. This upgrade does not require offline reindexing which means it should happen quickly. We are also automatically testing the 3.3 to 3.4 upgrade in our CI system. Additionally there is a downgrade process that we can use to fall back to 3.3 if necessary.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns,
Clark