Opendev review crawler

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Nov 4 20:12:46 UTC 2020

On 2020-11-04 00:02:33 +0000 (+0000), Chouchen, Moataz wrote:
[...]
> For this purpose of study, we need to collect the whole Opendev
> data. Right now, we collected data from 2020 to 2015 and still
> need the other years. As per requested we will add more waiting
> time to my process to let the server catch up. If you also have
> any other suggestions that will help, we will be happy to try it.
[...]

Just adding that delay/throttle will probably suffice, but also
Ian's suggestion to set a custom user agent string with contact info
on your API requests can help avoid confusion and make it easier for
site administrators to reach you if there's a problem with your
queries. I've gone ahead and removed the firewall rules we had
temporarily blocking your IP addresses as well.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
through our service-discuss mailing list. Good luck on the research
too, I can't wait to read your findings!
--
Jeremy Stanley