Third Party CI updates to treat review.opendev.org better

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Nov 30 22:18:13 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Since the Gerrit 3.2 upgrade we've noticed occasional high load from Gerrit. In debugging we've discovered there are cache and other setting tunables that we could configure better for our setup. We are in the process of making these changes to our Gerrit configuration.

We have also noticed that a specific Zuul behavior contributes to the load as well. We are asking that third party CI systems running Zuul apply this change [0] or add Gerrit http configuration [1] to your configuration. We recommend the http configuration because it is available as far back as Zuul 3.3.0 and adds more functionality to your setup.

This is also an excellent time to update your Third Party CI information [2] (including contact info) as we've noticed that many of these wiki entries may be stale.

If you are still running Zuul v2 can you reach out to us and we'll see what we can do to help.

[0] https://review.opendev.org/c/zuul/zuul/+/764069
[1] https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/reference/drivers/gerrit.html#attr-%3Cgerrit%20connection%3E.password
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems

Clark