Re: [devstack][infra] POST_FAILURE on export-devstack-journal : Export journal

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Apr 6 15:51:19 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, at 8:14 AM, Radosław Piliszek wrote:
> I am testing whether replacing xz with gzip would solve the problem [1] [2].

The reason we used xz is that the files are very large and gz compression is very poor compared to xz for these files and these files are not really human readable as is (you need to load them into journald first). Let's test it and see what the gz file sizes look like but if they are still quite large then this is unlikely to be an appropriate fix.